A list of our most frequently asked questions

How does my divorce affect financial aid?

When requesting need-based financial aid in a divorce situation both the FAFSA and the CSS PROFILE form must be filed under the custodial parent only.  Be careful not to confuse the income and assets of the non-custodial parent. There is a separate Non-custodial CSS PROFILE form that must be filled out as well and most schools requiring the PROFILE will ask for this. There are some schools, however, that do not. Check with the school to find out. If either spouse is remarried, please note that their additional income and assets will be included respectively.